Please carefully review the following to learn about use of the SJAC Event/Meeting Space. You will find a link to the Request Form here.
- Before submitting your request, please see the Calendar to see if the dates and times you have in mind are already booked.
- For the best chance of booking SJAC when you would like, submit your request several weeks prior to your preference.
- Please allow 2 days for the Coordinators to review and respond to your request. Request forms are reviewed in the order they arrive.
- Submitting a request does not guarantee that your event will be booked, but we will make every effort to do so, so long as certain criteria are met.
Important Things to Note:
- If your event has a fee to attend, please list in your description the instructions, contact information, websites, etc., needed to enable interested participants to register and pay as necessary.
- If you will be selling a product or service or engaging in solicitation of any kind, we ask that you state it clearly in your request form. If you are selling or soliciting anything that does not fall within the SJAC general vision, we will not book your event.
- Events will be reviewed for scheduling by our Event/Meeting Space Coordinators. They may, at their discretion, offer to waive room rental fees if the event meets the following criteria:
- It promotes the SJAC’s Mission and Vision.
- The event serves the interests of historically oppressed communities.
- It has wide appeal and will help prepare and mobilize people for action.
Best Practices for Filling Out The Request Form:
- Be Specific: list the day, date, and time slot of your preferred dates, (e.g., Friday, October 12, 6-9pm).
- Be Detailed: a rich, 4-5 sentence description helps us understand your event.
- Be Flexible and Patient: There is often some back-and-forth communication that happens as we work together to find a time and day that works for SJAC and for you.
Rates (negotiable, especially for groups with few resources): $10-$20 per hour
The SJAC event/meeting space is about 500 sq ft, has hardwood floors, high ceilings, and windows on two sides. The room is equipped with cafe tables and chairs.
Community Room Guidelines:
- Once your event is confirmed and scheduled, as a renter of the space, you are solely responsible for your event and its execution, and leaving the room as you found it. You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and tearing down tables, chairs, or any other equipment used.
- Sweeping, mopping, taking out garbage/recycling, as needed.
- Cleaning dry erase board, if used.
- Paying in full for your rental, no later than the day of the event.